FellerToggle switch (1946), Otto Leuthold
Founded in 1909 by Adolf Feller, Feller SA is a leading manufacturer of electrical installation products, and market leader in Switzerland. The product range includes rotary switches, sockets, plugs and sockets for flush mounting. In 1931 Adolf’s daughter Elisabeth took over the company and successfully led Feller for 40 years. In 1992 Feller AG was taken over by Schneider Electronics.
In 1932, Feller launched its first toggle switch and established itself as a leading Swiss manufacturer. In 1946, under the direction of Otto Leuthold, Feller designed the platonic toggle switch (as pictured above), which Max Bill described as ‘perhaps the ultimate form for a light switch’ at the 1949 exhibition entitled ‘Die gute Form’.
Care has been taken to trace the ownership of any copyright material and to contact the owner. The author does not intend to infringe on anyone’s copyright for text, photos or otherwise. Anyone who feels that any item in these pages may have inadvertently breached their copyright should advise the author via the contact sheet, including a link to the page, so that appropriate remedial action can be taken.