The Original Saw CompanyEstablished 1990
In 1922 inventor and entrepreneur Raymond Elmer DeWalt invented the radial arm saw. He founded DeWalt Products Company in 1924 to manufacture his saw, which he called the ‘wonder-worker’. In 1949, DeWalt sold his company to American Machine & Foundry Co, who subsequently sold it to Black & Decker in 1960.
From then things started to get complicated: Black & Decker sold the radial arm saw manufacturing branch in 1989, and started to use the DeWalt brand name to market their high-end tools. Marketing at its best! The Original Saw Company (established 1990) is the only manufacturer of radial arm saws that use the original DeWalt design.
Care has been taken to trace the ownership of any copyright material and to contact the owner. The author does not intend to infringe on anyone’s copyright for text, photos or otherwise. Anyone who feels that any item in these pages may have inadvertently breached their copyright should advise the author via the contact sheet, including a link to the page, so that appropriate remedial action can be taken.