Jamieson's of ShetlandEstablished 1890
Founded in 1890 by Robert Jamieson in Sandness, on the far west coast of the Shetland Isles, Jamieson’s is a family owned business specialized in wool from the native Shetland sheep. From his shop, he bought or exchanged for knitwear from the local crofters. The knitted goods were then sold on to meet the public demand for fashionable Shetland hosiery beyond the island’s shores. Today, Jamieson’s exclusive Shetland knitwear, fabrics and yarns are available in premium stores and boutiques worldwide.
Care has been taken to trace the ownership of any copyright material and to contact the owner. The author does not intend to infringe on anyone’s copyright for text, photos or otherwise. Anyone who feels that any item in these pages may have inadvertently breeched their copyright should advise the author via the contact sheet, including a link to the page, so that appropriate remedial action can be taken.