Rawlplug Ltd.Established 1887
Originally founded in 1887 as Rawlings Brothers, Rawlplug Ltd. is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of specialist anchoring and fixing systems. In 1911 John Joseph Rawlings invented the rawlplug, as a name for a wall plug, and in 1919 the brothers renamed their company after this successful product.
In 1910 John Joseph Rawlings worked as a building contractor for the British Museum and had to attach electrical footing to the museum walls. To attach anything to a solid wall was a hell of a job in the days: you had to cut out holes in the plaster or masonry, and fill it up with something of the same shape. John Rawlings was convinced there was a better way. And by a stroke of genius he came up with one. Rawlplugs today are still the benchmark wall plugs. In 2001 Rawlplug was taken over by the BPB Group (originally British Plaster Board).
Care has been taken to trace the ownership of any copyright material and to contact the owner. The author does not intend to infringe on anyone’s copyright for text, photos or otherwise. Anyone who feels that any item in these pages may have inadvertently breeched their copyright should advise the author via the contact sheet, including a link to the page, so that appropriate remedial action can be taken.